Chiltern Learning Trust
The Chiltern Learning Trust is a multi-academy trust comprising of a range of schools and training providers in Bedfordshire
There are twelve organisations which sit beneath the umbrella of the Trust:
- Dallow Primary School
- Chiltern Academy
- Marston Vale Middle School
- Lark Rise Academy
- Linslade School
- Cedars Upper School
- Denbigh High School
- Challney High School for Boys
- Challney High School for Girls
- Putteridge High School
- Chiltern Training Group
- Chiltern Teaching School Alliance
The Trust is committed to the highest standards of teaching and learning for all our learners so that every child within our school communities is able to develop to the very best of their ability and receive opportunities and experiences that are beyond those they would receive elsewhere.
The focus on the high-quality learning experiences that we provide to the pupils within our twelve schools is mirrored in the support and opportunities that we provide to our staff. Our focus on providing high-quality learning and professional development is uncompromising. This work is underpinned by the Initial Teacher Training that we provide through the Chiltern Training Group (CTG) and the support that we provide at each stage of a teachers career through the Chiltern Teaching School Alliance (CTSA).
The practicalities of the Trust arrangement also enables us to retain a strong central team of specialists with expertise in finance, marketing, facilities management, staff training and development, technology for learning and human resources. This helps to ensure that the outstanding quality of teaching and learning is mirrored in the day-to-day running of our schools.
Chiltern Learning Trust Commitment
The Chiltern Learning Trust is committed to ensuring that all students in its schools:
- Enjoy learning during and beyond school
- Strive to achieve the very best in everything they do
- Think carefully about the consequences of their actions on other people
- Are well-prepared for life after school
- Have the knowledge, understanding and skills to be responsible citizens and lead successful and happy lives regardless of where they live.
To support this commitment, schools in the Chiltern Learning Trust will:
- Provide high quality learning experiences.
- Support the spiritual, emotional, moral, cultural and physical development of all students.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Celebrate academic, sporting or creative talents.
- Offer a range of sport, music, drama, art and other activities.
- Listen to the views of students.
- Make sure they provide students with good advice and guidance for the future.
- Work with parents/ carers to help them support their child’s learning.
This means that student in Chiltern Learning Trust schools will have the opportunity to:
- Take part in assemblies, sporting festival/competitions, play a musical instrument, sing in a choir, be involved in a dramatic production or go on a residential trip.
- Attend an artistic, cultural or sporting event in or beyond school.
- Help others through voluntary activities.
- Meet and work with students from other Chiltern Learning Trust schools.